Our Journey

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

10 things you may not know about me

This post is the English translation of one of my posts in my personal blog.
In that post, I had to write 10 facts about myself. This was passed by one of my internet friends, and then I had to pass it to 10 more friends.

FACT #1

I really really love to eat! I love to go out with friends to taste new food or hang out at a new restaurant. Especially when I'm traveling, I must try local cuisines. When I traveled overseas, I I'd stay in a hotel (it was my employer paying for it, not me), I got to try the buffet menu.

I don't have favorite dishes. I like everything, as long as it's tasty :). So if suddenly I say the food is not good, you can imagine how bad it is.

Breaking my fasting, in KLCC, Aug 2005
Berbuka Puasa di KLCC, Aug 2005

What a big prawn!

Lihat udangnya gede lho!


FACT # 2

Fighting diabetes. My parents had it, grandparents, aunties and uncles have it. It's genetic. So I must watch out. My parents died because of diabetes complications. Last year, my blood sugar level was high for sometime, but with my determination, it's normal now. I watch I eat and exercise regularly. (Fact #1 can't be experienced in a high frequency now).


FACT #3

Treated my acne problem with Rheumason (it's a balm, local brand). This was suggested by my late father, who was a physician and liked to do some experiments. It worked! It dries the acne. As long as you can stand the heat of the balm and you don't pick on your acne, it will be fine.

FACT #4

Have several wound scars: elbow, legs, arms. Most of them were caused by vehicle accidents (fell from motorbike, tricycle, bajaj). Some were caused by Tae Kwon Do accidents (breaking the woods, steel, and tournaments). My shins are not smooth, if you feel the bones, they will be like bumpy road, lol. Another cause was because of my inalertness, bumped my toes to furnitures.


FACT #5

Like my current job, just because I'm the only employee in Indonesia office, flexible working time, as the supervisor is in head office in Mumbai, India. Good salary too. Besides that? There’s nothing to be liked, ironic!

Late salary transfer, late operation budget transfer, slow response from head office.


FACT #6

Join online dating, to find a soul mate, my true love, even if I must find him in other part of this world. With the type of my work: travel frequently, presentations to hospitals, and tight schedule, it was difficult to meet a new man. Met several men by matchmaker, but chemistry weren't there.

I'm on long distance relationship now. Plan to get married, woo hoo.....


FACT #7

Able to change flat tire. This was encouraged by my father, he said that all of his girls must be able to do boy's works. So even if the car tire is not flat, he'd ask us to change it as a practice.


FACT #8

In my previous employment, I often accompanied neurosurgeons during surgeries. I was selling neurosurgery equipments. I've seen brain tumor surgery, trauma surgery, etc. I prayed that none of my family members undergoes that kind of surgery.


Gaya gue di ruang operasi

In O.R. uniform

Operasi Trauma Kepala

Head Trauma Surgery

FACT #9

Studied Mandarin for one year when I was in 9th grade.

Only remember simple conversations, such as : "What's your name?", "How are your?", "I'm sorry", and count from one to ten.


FACT #10

I swear when driving because I don't like the way people driving so carelessly.

But if there's someone drives the car, I'd fall asleep easily and enjoy the ride, hahaha.....

No comments: