Our Journey

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, July 10, 2008

Courtesy and Manner (Friendster, January 28, 2007)

I have to write about this, because I experienced something today on the train that really pissed me off!

Dr.T had schedule another tumor surgery on Monday, Jan 29. So today I'm going to Purwokerto again..............I took Purwojaya train as usual.

Usually I sit alone, not this time. There's a young man sitting next to me.

I put my bags in the storage above me, took out two magazines and a newspaper that I bought for reading on this trip, placed them in the pocket of the seat in front of me. I made a phone call to my sister when suddenly this man reached out for my newspaper without asking my permission, looked at it for a moment, then he placed it into the pocket at his side, not mine.

Grrr....... He just pushed my button. I saw that, so I picked my newspaper and put it back into my seat pocket.

It happened two more times, and still, he didn't ask my permission. My one magazine was still in the plastic, so he couldn't read it, only stared on the cover.

I was almost burst! I wanted to scold him, to tell him that those magazines have an owner, and he's got a mouth to say something nice to the owner (which is me!).

But I kept silence. I didn't want to waste my energy to scold people.

That was an example, how some of people is too lazy to say or doesn't realize that simple things like asking permission, or say sorry, are important.

Courtesy and manner are important. Never forget about it.

At my younger age, I didn't pay too much attention to that, but after sometimes, you've got nothing to loose to say something nice and mind your manner in front of other people.

My boss emphasized this to us.

Here are more examples of small things that counts:

1. Say "thank you" after someone does something nice to you.

2. Smile and greet to the person you meet. Your smile can brighten his/her day. And smile is "ibadah", do you know that you will get "pahala" out of it?

3. Say "sorry" if you do something wrong.

4. Ask someone's permission if you need something in public place.

Example: You are in a restaurant with your friends, the chairs were not enough for your group and you need to grab 1 or 2 from other table. If you see there's people sit next to your table and they have available chairs, you ask their permission, don't just take the chairs.

5. Pay attention when you make phone calls. There's an etiquette about it too.

6. When you drive on the street, good attitude is needed.

Any other small things that count? Drop your comment here...............

No comments: