Our Journey

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Weekend in Bali (May 23-26)

When I posted this to YouSayToo.Com journal, they deleted it. It's so funny, they thought they way I wrote it is like a holiday brochure. What a joke. Of course it's about my holiday, what do you think I was supposed to write about my weekend in Bali?

Anyway, enjoy my story:

May 26, 2008 (Friendster)

Weekend in Bali

I'm glad I took this special offer from Accor Advantage Plus in Nov 2007. A $400 package for only $129 and also received $100 voucher for food and beverage and spa.
I needed this get away, after what happened in my work (late salary and bad ass boss).

Batavia Air has changed my departure flight schedule, fom Jakarta and Denpasar.
For departure to Denpasar, the flight was changed from 17.35 WIB to 19.00 WIB.
And for departure to Jakarta on May 26, the flight was changed from 08.00 WITA to 06.00 WITA. Oh I hate waking up so early!

Arrived in Denpasar, Bali in May 23 at around 9.30 PM. Hotel provided me a pick up. I was at room number 540, the other side of the hotel complex. Between the bath room and bed room was bamboo curtain. My room has terrace too. So I could pull it up and watch TV from bath room. My side has two pools and one bar. The cafe, restaurant, and beach are at the other side of the road.
I prepared my agenda for Saturday and Sunday so I could get the best of this trip. I'd love to have dinner at Jimbaran (as a part of the tour) so I prepared two options for Sunday.
My_bed_at_novotel_benoa








The next day, I had breakfast, went on hotel orientation with the guest relation officer, had my sampler spa (foot massage) at 50% discount by the beach, attended Accor Advantage Club presentation, relaxing in my room and had Thai buffet dinner.
I received announcement that there will be water pipe repair started at 00.00 and will finish in 6 hours. I couldn't fill water in the tub cause it seemed the tub leaked.

On Sunday, I started from hotel at 8.30 AM to go on 8 hours of tour (Kintamani and Sukawati area). When I wanted to take a bath around 06.45 WITA, there was no water, while just some minutes before I still had water for washing my pee. I reported this to Front Desk and they asked me to take a bath in Beach Cabana Room. It's near beach and has outdoor bath tub. No, no, I only took a shower.

Because I was the only passenger, tour operator charged me additional 50%. But it was worth it compare if I paid group charge, which was only for the car and driver cost. First place was Batubulan, I watched a Balinese traditional play called BARONG. If it was evening I'd watching KECAK. The place was 1 hour from hotel. Then went to silver handy craft place, passed the village of wooden sculptures, went to a temple in Tampaksiring, went to Mount Batur, passed Ubud (area of Balinese paint artist), last place was Sukawati Market where you can buy clothing and souvenirs.

In Tampaksiring, there's a temple where it has a natural water source since 980 B.C. The water is used for Hindu people bathing and for many villages' drinking water around the area. Mount Batur is a volcano, its last eruption was in 2001. Next to the volcano is the Lake Batur. I had lunch in the restaurant in the area.
I was very very sleepy on the way home.
It's difficult when traveling alone, you are not able to take more pics of yourself, you need other people's help to take your picture. Fortunately the tour driver and a man in Tampaksiring helped to take my pics.

After had Italian buffet dinner and listening to live music (and watch foreign tourists dancing on the stage), I took stone massage spa for 90 minutes. Oh my God it was so nice! I don't like falling asleep when having body treatment.

Went to my room, stayed up for 2 hours then slept. Woke up at 3.30 AM/WITA and went to airport at 4.30 AM/WITA.


More pictures here.

No comments: