Our Journey

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, December 03, 2009

Isolated and irritated

Never thought that being sick (just flu and coughing) my colleagues would treat me in such a way.
It was also interesting because, as I said, colleagues will remain colleagues. It's rarely to have friendship with them.
Well, I get along with them at work, but not that comfortable as room mate. Each of us has different habits when we are in our own home.

So, we were on a trip last November.
My division had selling skill training in KL, Malaysia. Therefore I shared a room with Mrs. N.
I have been sharing room with her several times. So far, we were OK.
But then, my coughing got worse and then I started to catch a cold during the trip.
She then kept her distance because she said she didn't want to get sick. She just came from one month training in Shanghai, which at that time climate change was extreme. Of course, the reason was understandable, but it's how she conveyed the message and her objection.
She didn't want to sit near me in the van, and she asked for far plane seat when we were going to Bangkok from KL.
Ah, she should remember how sick she was when we traveled in last April. She couldn't walk due to her gout. But then, it wasn't contagious >_<

In Thailand, I had different room mate. She and Mrs. N switch their places because Mrs.R doesn't know her room mate from Philippines and Mrs. N knows her well. (actually, both of them are at similar age as mine, but I addressed them because they're married, lol).
It was my first time sharing a room with Mrs. R. So far, I mingle well with her.
But, sometimes she's pushy.
On the last day of the meeting, I couldn't stand anymore. I had headache and my asthma just reoccurred. The team was sitting at round table having discussion. I was waiting for my turn to discuss with the manager. Mrs. R kept asking me to go to see a doctor, she started to irritate me because I knew I needed to go soon, but I needed to finish my part first before I'm gone. Grrrr.......
To make me more irritated, when I was going nearer to manager to start the discussion, and he found out I was having cold, he asked me not to sit near.
I'm kinda feel embarassed!

This post doesn't really show how I felt at that time!

No comments: