Our Journey

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Saturday, October 31, 2009

My beauty business

Following up my posting on my business, I launched the (temporary) website for my online beauty shop in August 24, 2009. Why temporary? Because I was yet to pick the ultimate domain name for the website. I have picked the name of the shop: The "MU" Beauty Shop though.
I just needed to start launching the site quick, needed to work on the project and make things become real. I'm racing with time. I don't have much time with me. The office job is making me crazy!

So, the first batch of mineral make up pre-order was a good start. I didn't have to promote using advertisement, I just gave word-of-mouth promotion to my close friends and also did SEO technique to the website.

Some hiccups happened due to shipment. I need to find another way to ship this particular mineral make up brand from the original country, USA, to Jakarta so that:
1) I can ship faster to my customers,
2) I can get reasonable shipment price,
3) I can track down the package status (having this kind of service will increase my cost, but it's worth it)
I depend on a friend who lives in USA to pass me the packages because the company has stopped shipping to Indonesia.

To make the shop looks like a shop, I need to start filling the shop with goodies, right?
So beside listing the brand names that I've already known, I also regularly surfing the net to find unique natural beauty products. Reading reviews in blogs really help me to expand my knowledge and help me to choose the unique products for my shop.
It's interesting because I act as a seller but also a buyer :)

I found many natural beauty products, I contacted the owners and ask so many things about their products and shop policy...... I've spent a lot of money this month (Oct 31, 2009) to buy testers and samples. Again, the hiccup is the shipment, I can't wait to try all of the samples, but till now nothing yet in my hand. I can't track down the packages because there are no tracking numbers. I also hope that Indonesia custom will not hold anything. There were only two brand names arrived at my place. I'm still waiting for the rest of the package.

Aaarggh, I can't stand waiting ....

No comments: