Our Journey

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, December 27, 2009

Updates on beauty business, Dec 2009

After what has been happening in previous months with my online beauty shop, I have made some changes in order to achieve improvements:

1. I asked my friend who lives in NY to assist me to forward the packages I ordered from my supplier.
I have tested one batch and it arrived in my house within 14 days, as expected.

2. In early December, I moved the website, from http://beauty.mirnasakina.com to http://mu-beautyshop.com.
It will create more professional image. The domain name is as same as the shop name.
It took me sometime to move the contents and to change the website template.
Also to redirect the existing customers and incoming visitors from old address to new address.

3. I started to use autoresponder to update my customers with new items in my websites.
I updated the database if my customers order from other means (Facebook, e-mail, or SMS)

4. I created Facebook page for the shop. I advertised the page for 2 days and voila, I have 370 fans now. I didn't continue the advertisement due to cost.
Now I'm updating the status with everything new in my online shop.

5. I've got an idea to become cosmetic purchase assistant for people here.
The goal is to get brands that is not sold in Indonesia for the customer at certain fee.
Yes, I won't charge the new price, but it will be charged on fees.
I need to work on the amount of the fee and terms & condition.

6. I will prepare an e-book about mineral make up for Indonesia market.
This really excites me.... I need to compile the materials (images, videos, healt articles, make up tips, etc) and consult how to make an e-book with my senior in Asian Brain.

7. I'm contacting a mineral make up supplier which I will be making it as my priority brand I carry in MU Beauty Shop.
I'm ordering the samples first to test the products.
I also found and interesting products in mineral make up for acne treatment.

8. To bring professional image. I hired a professional graphic designer to design website banner and business card for me at Etsy.Com . I'm in the process of filling in questionaire right now in order for her to start the work.

So..... This will continue. This what I want to achieve in 2010! My own business......

I love becoming an entrepreneur!

No comments: